Tuesday 31 March 2015

evaluate ourselves and set our goals.


Task 1:

Read the list below and answer these questions:
  1. Do you know all the nine essential skills? I know all the nine essential skills except a numeracy and computer use.
  2. Underline which one best describe you better:  expert - good - intermediate - beginner -  no knowledge
  3. Which of these skills you need to work on the most? I need work more in writing skills and computer use.

Essential Skills refer to the nine skills and abilities that are essential to success in Canadian occupations. The Government of Canada has compiled detailed lists, called Essential Skills Profiles (ESPs), of how workers in hundreds of jobs use these nine skills.

Nine Essential Skills:

• Reading Text  intermediate
• Document Use beginner
• Numeracy intermediate
• Writing intermediate
• Oral Communication good
• Work with Others good
• Thinking Skills intermediate
• Computer Use beginner





Task 2:

Complete an Essential Skills self-assessment:
Strengths: I am confident that I can ...
      1.I can make oral communication.
      2. I can work with other people.
      3.I can document use.
Areas for Improvement: I would like to improve my ability to/on …
      1.  I would like improve on computer use.
      2.I would like improve in writing.
      3.I would like improve in reading text.

1 comment: